Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What I have learned, how I have grown?

During break I had a man to man conversation with my grandfather of how college was going so far. I had a lot of information to notify him of. I talked about how classes were going, the people I've met and what things I'm doing outside of class, such as the K.U.R.E. radio station, which I am currently under training for.

My decision to not participate in a sport here at Iowa State University was mainly because I wanted to focus on school. Thinking ahead I figured out that 4 years from now I will most likely not be running track after college. But I did know that I was going to do something with advertising later on in my professional career.

I was telling my grandpa that the amount of information I know about advertising thus far is startling. I know a lot more information than the average person who isn't studying advertising does. Four years from now I see myself as a practical expert in my own professional field of work. I know that may seem silly or exaggerated but that just gives me a goal to achieve after college. I want to be an expert in a way in my field of work when I graduate college. This will get me ahead of the pack and give me a good chance to get an internship, and a  job.

I have also learned who I will hangout with during the weekends. Making friends is a very important thing to me. Since being here I have made some really good friends that I plan on seeing after this year. Some of them I plant room with next year. This doesn't even include the different faces I see everyday

Being in K.U.R.E. has helped me have experience in radio broadcasting. This isn't my exact field of work but It gives me experience outside of class. Apparently doing worlk outside of class is a good thing to have when either trying to find a job or an internship. I hope my later years in college will help me become a smarter person, and an expert in advertising.

1 comment:

  1. Man, its great that you have your head and your goals in the right direction. I still and struggling with the whole sports thing and battling with whether or not I should continue!

    ReplyDelete