Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Track 2011

Have you ever had the feeling that you are inevitable? That no one could beat you? Perhaps this feeling was from doing something you loved or were just good at. The feeling of being powerful or superior in one thing in life is extraordinary. Everyone was given a gift in life and It's your choice on what you do with that special talent. If you were blessed with that skill or talent then you must take advantage of that skill

Every time I step foot onto a track field I feel like I cant screw up. My confidence is threw the roof. When I step on the track I feel like I can always do my very best. I've done my best many times in my track career but none can compare on this day. Going to state track is a very big accomplishment in track & field and a milestone in my high school. Going to the Drake relays was another story. In my high school there has only been two athletes to go to the relays back to back. I can say that I am one of those few athletes that was blessed enough to make it.

The Drake relays is a world-wide competition where some of the worlds best track and field athletes compete against each other. It consists of Olympians, collegiate athletes, and the best high school track & field athletes in the state. The cut off time for the relays is very tight and only the best go. This year I was joined with one of the best female discuss throwers in the state. Sarah Pate was able to win the Drake relays this past year. While her goals were a little higher I was more concerned with getting there and finshing strong. My goal for this year was to not get last place. I ended up finishing 22nd out of 32 runners in the state in the 100 high hurdles. while I was running I felt as if I couldnt do anything but my best. personally I ran well and did my best. I didn't let anything get in my way and ran hard towards the finish.

As people with talented gifts in life and different abilities we must take advanatge of them. I have a skill of runnnig, and jumping. When im on the field I dont feel nervous or scared. I feel inevitable. When I do speeches in my classes I will try to picture myself on the track field and not on stage filled with hundreds of people starring at me. Giving speeches is one of my top phobias in life. Hopefully I can use my confiednce in track to not make me so nervous when im giving a speech.

4 comments:

  1. i think that you can make a sitiution that you real scared in better by think of i time when you feel like you are on top of the world. this will make giving speeches easier and anything else

    ReplyDelete
  2. After being successful and running track you were comfortable there, so maybe after you give enough speeches you will become comfortable with that too. I can't say that I like giving speeches either, but hopefully that changes for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to you feeling like you're inevitable when you're doing something you love. When reading this I could really tell you love this sport, it kept my interest in the blog. Use your feeling of being inevitable with anything and you can be successful almost anywhere!

    Jessica Overturf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel about track because i feel the same way about football. Its like when you have trained so hard for something and you get ready for that big game you get this "invincible" feeling and when you go out you actually get to express that feeling.

    ReplyDelete